Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Kinestral Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Kinestral Technologies is seeking an exceptional Senior Mechanical
Engineer to design or specify, prototype, test, and document
automation, metrology, and chemical equipment in the production of
our innovative energy-efficient building products. The ideal
candidate will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced,
start-up environment with a top notch team of scientists and
engineers. This full-time position will be located in Hayward,
- Lead the engineering efforts to specify, design, construct,
test, and document automation, metrology, and chemical production
equipment at our R&D facility located in Hayward, CA:
- Chemical production systems utilizing batch, continuous flow,
mixed, thermal, pressurized, fluid, and powder methods.
- Typical automated systems for handling of large, thin sheets of
glass through various stages of the Kinestral product manufacturing
- Metrology system design or specification for SPC of production
- Test fixtures and assemblies for product validation
- Mechanical design and analysis using SolidWorks CAD
- Create bills of materials and manufacturing documentation using
Arena PLM software.
- Create and maintain all forms of engineering
- Assist with assembly, testing, and debugging of prototype and
- Manage projects through all stages from specification through
to final engineering validation.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the design and development of
automated capital equipment including:
- Small scale chemical reactor, mixing, and transfer systems
- Robotic automation systems
- Servo, pneumatic, fluid, thermal, and data acquisition
- Machine safety
- Project management
- 5+ years of experience using SolidWorks and 2D CAD (e.g.;
AutoCAD) for product and system design and layout
- 5+ years of experience using a PLM system (Arena, Agile, or
similar) using formal document control procedures
- Excellent documentation skills, including mechanical drawings,
BOMs, Test Plans, Test Reports, and Schematics
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Project leadership and/or experience directing third-party
- Experience with designing for hazardous materials or processes
- thermal, pressure, chemicals.
- Desire to be hands on with building and testing of systems.
Company Description:Kinestral Technologies is in the transformation
business. We're transforming glass into responsive, intelligent,
beautiful architectural elements that transition from clear to
tinted to dark on command. We're transforming lives by giving
people unprecedented comfort and control of their indoor
environments and more connection with the outside world, while
creating inspiring spaces for living and working. And we're
transforming the job market by creating some amazing career
opportunities. Would you like to help create a clearly superior
Experienced candidates: please submit your resume by email to .
Only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Kinestral is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Kinestral Technologies, Inc., Hayward , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!