Senior Firmware Lead Engineer
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the
food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that
enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often
characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide
customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers
than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and
manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and
developing new and more advanced food robots. The Senior Firmware
Lead Engineer will be responsible for architecting and
implementation on the next generation of food robots. This exciting
position will allow the motivated individual to play a major role
in the multi-disciplinary architectural team, selecting not only
hardware but firmware methodologies that will define the direction
of food robots for the generations to come. The successful
candidate will be able to engage in strategic partnerships with
internal and external stakeholders, as well as industry experts.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain an embedded firmware system
that will operate the company's line of food robots.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain a factory test environment
to test the embedded systems during manufacturing phase.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain a suite of ancillary
software controls that allow for full field maintenance of the
embedded systems by the end user.
- Generate automated performance reports.
- Write and maintain system-level and user-level
- Interface with firmware and IT staff on a variety of
- Perform root cause analysis of difficult problems and document
problem resolution methodologies. What We're Looking For
- Versatility in software development with extensive experience
designing and integrating embedded system applications and a solid
understanding of control systems, feedback loops, machine learning,
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- C, C++, Microchip assembly (ASM).
- Python and LabVIEW experience a plus.
- Familiarity with PID control, closed-loop control systems, and
- Familiarity with automated build and test systems.
- Complete familiarity with common lab test equipment
- Strong data and personnel management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- BS in CS/EE, or relevant industry experience. Nice to Have
- An innovative mindset that allows the use of intellectual
horsepower in dealing with ambiguity and solving problems.
- A personal style that shows initiative, drive for results, and
courage to challenge the status quo
- The ability to motivate others internally and externally to do
their best work.
- Possess integrity, trust, and environmental concern. Why You'll
Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management
team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is
to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our
industry is what we do -on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the
job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one
- We are customer - obsessed-Our mission is to grow and empower
local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and
dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash -The magic of DoorDash is our
people,together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving
us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health
benefits. DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers
with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US
states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers
merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery,
data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing
delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile
delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing
communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the
DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com. Our Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion We're committed to growing and empowering a
more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities.
That'swhy we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and
brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We
believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the
table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel. Join our
Newsletter for the latest in food robotics 1502 Crocker Ave,
Hayward, CA 94544 - (650) 362-3700
Customer Support: 1-831-CHOWBOT (831-246-9268) or
Sales: (650) 409-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Press Inquiries:
Keywords: Chronomics, Hayward , Senior Firmware Lead Engineer, Engineering , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!