Field Engineer - Hayward
Company: Parachute Technology Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Description: This position will manage the performance of all IT
equipment such as computers, network devices, servers, printers,
and VoIP phones of our managed service clients. The Onsite IT
Support Engineer is the primary technical contact for the client
and ensures that service delivery aligns with Parachute's
standards. This individual will have an in-depth knowledge of the
client's IT environment, company culture, and business
requirements, with the desired goal of reducing the amount of
reactive support required. Customer satisfaction, low tickets per
end point and fast ticket resolution time are the primary
objectives of the Onsite IT Support Engineer.PerformanceTo
accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the assigned duties according to the acceptable standards
established for the job role. The Field Engineer must be able to
complete each essential job function satisfactorily, as listed
below.Roles & ResponsibilitiesPromote and represent Parachute's
culture and core values in all aspects of your job duties to ensure
- Perform regular onsite services:
- Conduct beginning and end of day status meeting with client
- Check server/network health.
- Check logs, verify backups, and review monitoring tools,
resources, and applications
- Perform backup restoration tests according to schedule.
- Identify and provide other proactive services to reduce tickets
and ticket time.
- Develop business/technical relationship with client.
- Perform project work as directed.
- Onsite reactive IT support services
- Implement the Parachute Standard Practices:
- Help define and implement best practices at client sites.
- Verification of installation of remote monitoring and
- Meet regularly with the Parachute Technical Account Managers,
COO, and senior engineers to assess and minimize business risk and
to identify project opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of client networks and computer
- Complete various network assessments and security audit reports
for each client site on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain detailed IT documentation.
- Learn and understand client's line-of-business applications and
- Parachute Administration:
- Record detailed notes and log time in Parachute's ticketing
- Update ticket notes with tasks completed on each ticket with
full description of the problem, resolution steps and results.
- Work with Parachute's Service Desk on any documentation
requests and discrepancies.
- Help to create better internal processes that will benefit our
- Create client specific processes as required and detail in
their IT documentation.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly Parachute meetings..
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively; listens
and asks for clarification; responds well to questions;
demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in
- Written Communication: writes clearly and concisely; edits
emails and all systems/documents for spelling and grammar; varies
style to meet needs and audience; presents numerical data
- Problem Solving: identifies problems in a timely manner;
gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative
solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in
- Business Ethics: treats everyone with respect; keeps
commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with
integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Team Builder: balances team and individual responsibilities;
develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages;
works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to
solve a problem.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft related technologies: Windows
Server, Exchange, Office 365.
- Knowledge of networking technologies: firewalls, routers, VPN,
VLAN, DNS and DHCP.
- Extensive knowledge of desktop technologies: Windows, MS
Office, email, virus/malware, phone configuration.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix,
- Associate's Degree Required, Field of Study: IT or related
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: IT or related
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in network / IT systems and
- Certifications & Licenses: IT industry certifications are
preferred: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA,
SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCPBenefits
- Monthly financial bonus in addition to salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401k + Company Matching
- 15 PTO days
- 8 - 10 paid holidays per year
- Birthday PTO day
Keywords: Parachute Technology Inc, Hayward , Field Engineer - Hayward, Engineering , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!