Company: Project Canary
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC,
designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of
laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as
quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and
natural gas leaks. Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics
company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for
energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in
assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide
independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via
high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies
take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp
rating score 107), Project Canary's Denver and Hayward-based team
of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have
earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies' mission is to fight climate
change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector
and beyond. We ingest data from various sources, including our own
proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon
emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The
resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in
real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG
strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by
identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer
engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition
as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some
highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B
of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2
out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies' success is attributed to the
motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands
the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are
valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our
products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage
environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to
join our team in Hayward, CA.
As an Instrument Integration and Test Engineer at Aeris, you will
oversee assembling and testing state-of-the-art laser-based gas
analyzers. We are seeking self-motivated candidates that possess
suitable skills, including familiarity with opto-mechanical
systems, testing software, as well as excellent organizational and
communication skills. New hires will be trained to eventually be
responsible for the assembly and testing of the new instrument
builds as well as their documentation.
- Assembly and test of instruments and associated components
including optical, electrical, and mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Load and configure product software.
- Calibration and documentation of final product.
- Contribute to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain work benches and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Assist in revision of assembly procedure documents to improve
- Contribute to the set-up, execution, and data capture for
research and development experiments.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors, Associates degree or certificate in related
technical fields (preferably engineering, science, instrumentation
and/or optical technology) with one year of applicable experience
in instrumentation integration and test.
- Ability to handle sensitive electronic components, including
use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other electronic test
- Ability to work safely with compressed gas tanks and related
- Practical experience with computers and programming language
for bench tests such as LabVIEW.
- Excellent written and verbal communication allowing to
collaborate effectively and write procedures and reports.
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated, requiring minimal
supervision after initial training.
- Excellent soldering, wiring and assembly skills.
- Familiarity with Linux and embedded programming environment
- Familiarity with CAD viewer software for reviewing build
- Familiar and comfortable with safe use of hand tools and small
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral)
- Flex Choice - choice between public transportation, or wellness
- Salary range: $80,000 - $130,000 annual base
- Flexible work environment - Must reside near Hayward, CA
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Project Canary, Hayward , Test Engineer, Engineering , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!