Posted on: November 15, 2022
Verdant Robotics is revolutionizing agriculture via robotics and
AI. Our core technology empowers farmers to grow more profitable
food while using less inputs. We use computer vision and machine
learning to understand every part of every plant at a massive scale
- and with automated robotics, we close the loop and act on that
information in real-time. Together with our farming partners we are
building healthy, sustainable and highly productive farms.
Our office is located in Hayward, CA about a 25-30 minute average
commute from most places in the Bay Area. We offer competitive pay
and a great team environment.
We are currently looking for an innovative and experienced DevOps
Engineer who is passionate about robotics and sustainable
agriculture to help architect, build and operate the IT
infrastructure and modern software tools for developing mobile
robot systems. You will work on a multidisciplinary, growing team
to develop state-of-the-art hardware to push the performance
envelope and expand horizons.
- You find large challenges exciting, and you enjoy defining
problems just as much as solving them.
- You have a hands-on style, with excellent organizational and
- You have a demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced,
- You are responsible and accountable for your results, working
with considerable autonomy, but also know when to ask for
- You are proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable; no
task is too big or too small.
- You are inspired by invention and like the idea of seeing your
work impacting the bigger picture.
- You are highly competitive and passionate about solving hard
- You are a strategic thinker who finds innovative ways to
facilitate team/project success and manage product risk while
balancing resources for on-time deliverables.
What You Will Do:
- Architect the development environment including scalable
infrastructure and innovative frameworks to build, test and deploy
our system software.
- Support the continuous improvement of our development landscape
and bring in new innovative approaches to boost the effectiveness
and efficiency of our SW engineers.
- Consult our R&D teams, including the development of
specialized R&D infrastructure.
- Automate all relevant steps from writing code to shipping
software to our test vehicles.
- Promote solid software-development practices.
- At least a Bachelor degree in CS, CE, E/E or
- Minimum 3-4, preferably 5+ years of experience in DevOps or
comparable field providing you with: expert Linux skills, Jenkins
expertise, identifying why a Jenkins build is broken, solid
understanding in Python, Bash and Ansible (or Chef/Puppet)
- Software development processes knowledge including: ability to
use git, experience working with software development teams doing
DevOps, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment, Jenkins
preferred, build systems including package & dependency management
(cmake preferred), hands-on experience in agile
- Infrastructure knowledge including: experience with data
centers, managing heterogeneous servers, storage experience (NAS,
SAN, RAID, ---), Docker infrastructure, basic AWS expertise
- Embedded Linux, stability and performance
- Using the Atlassian tool (Jira, Confluence) chain in a
- Setting up and operating large scale software development
projects and its underlying infrastructure/tooling
- Customer focused working style and communication
- Understanding of the technology enabling self-driving vehicles
Verdant Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Keywords: AgFunder, Hayward , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!