Associate Athletics Director
Company: Moreau Catholic High School
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Founded in 1965 under the sponsorship of the Congregation of
Holy Cross, Moreau Catholic High School emphasizes
college-preparatory excellence in all programs designed to
facilitate the informative, formative, and transformative needs of
the individual student. Located approximately 25 miles southeast of
San Francisco, in Hayward, California, the school is accredited by
the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the
Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA). With 784 students,
the co-educational student body reflects the rich ethnic and
cultural diversity of the Bay Area, and the school has enjoyed a
100% collegiate matriculation. Our graduating seniors have been
accepted into 1,000+ universities and colleges yearly, and have
garnered, on average, between $11-14 million in scholarships and
Within the context of the legacy and values of the Congregation of
Holy Cross and its founder Blessed Basil Moreau, supportive of the
mission and values of Moreau Catholic High School, the Associate
Athletic Director reports to the Athletic Director and is
responsible for supporting the Athletics program and its
student-athletes. The Associate Athletic Director supports
outstanding achievement and success in the various dimensions of
the Athletics Program and serves as a very public member of the
Moreau Catholic community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-create and implement a clear vision for the Athletic program
by supporting the mission of the department and Moreau Catholic
High School, tradition, community, and competitive
- Manage Athletic Department staff and coaches and maintain
systems of assessment of staff and coach efficacy and
- Ensure that the Athletic Department is run with integrity and
in an overall manner consistent with Holy Cross values.
- Direct/complete tasks such as team schedules, calendars,
tournaments, staffing officials, maintaining records and
eligibility forms, coordinating awards, and procuring uniforms and
- Promote spirit and enthusiasm for the Moreau Catholic athletic
program with faculty, staff, parents/guardians, coaches, athletes,
and the broader community.
- Promote and market the Athletic program and elevate the
visibility of Moreau Catholic Athletics to the broader community in
coordination with the Director of External Relations.
- Partner with the Athletic Director in the hiring of head and
assistant coaches; collaborate with the Human Resources manager to
ensure that all coaches are Mariner Cleared and hold current
required certifications, and oversee professional development
programs for coaches.
- Conduct end-of-the-season meetings with coaches to review and
discuss the season, team, coach evaluations and determine areas of
strength, improvement, and goals.
- Serve as site director/representative during home games,
specific away games, and post-season contests.
- Coordinate Moreau Catholic High School athletic tournaments and
- Coordinate overnight travel of Moreau Catholic High School
- Support Moreau Catholic's administrative responsibilities to
the MVAL, NCS, and the CIF and be knowledgeable about their
policies, and, where needed, be actively involved in their
- Attend to student-athletes, coaches, and parent/family needs
and issues. - Confer with AP of Climate and Culture or counseling
department when needed.
- Manage game day supervision, including game day equipment
preparations, set up and supervision, and payment of game
- Work with Site Services to manage team transportation and
oversee the maintenance of Moreau Catholic athletic facilities and
- Oversee the Appryse system.
- Manage volunteers and concessions schedule in coordination with
the Athletic Director and Booster Club.
- Oversee Mariner Athletic Study Hall (MASH).
- Assist the Athletic Director with the Annual Crab Feed
- Monitor Locker Room (as needed) before, during, and after
- Support the various events within the Athletics Program
including, but not limited to, seasonal sports award nights, senior
nights, - and fundraising events.
- Supports the marketing and communication needs of the school as
they relate to Athletics
- Respond to parent/guardian emails and messages in a timely
- Oversee the quantity and quality of all athletic equipment,
uniforms, and school athletic apparel.
- Work with Athletic Director and Admissions Office on Open House
material and promotion of student-athletes.
Other duties as required:
- May be required to teach one or more classes of physical
education or strength conditioning as needed and directed by the
Principal & AD
- Must be able to travel to athletic facilities and attend and
supervise athletic events held outdoors in any kind of
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule; substantial
evening and weekend time required.
- Must be able to drive students /athletes in a 9 passenger van
to games or practices.
Observe and evaluate, both verbally and in writing, coaches during
practices and games and collaborate with the AD and coaches to
support excellence in all teams.
- Communicate with the AD and coaches daily or semi-weekly
regarding the needs of athletes, the performance of teams,
transportation needs, etc.
- B.A. or B.S. minimum (physical education or kinesiology is
preferred), M.S. in Sports Management or similar degree highly
- 3-5 years experience in a school setting. Experience in a high
school environment is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of sports.
- Experience with athletic management and/ or prior coaching
experience is encouraged.
- CA Teaching Credential encouraged.
- Appryse; EXCEL, MS WORD, Google Docs, Email, Website design,
and calendar creator - or ability to quickly acquire the skills to
work with technology platforms and systems such
- CPR, First Aid/AED, DMV check
The employee must be able to set up, take down, and move athletic
equipment. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 lbs while performing his/her duties. The employee
must be able to use a ladder to move equipment and supplies.
The Associate Athletic Director should have a passion for
excellence and a commitment to advancing education and athletics at
Moreau Catholic in the Holy Cross tradition. - This important
leader serves as a role model to our extraordinary students. - To
perform the job successfully, the individual should be able to
support students with gentle firmness, displaying compassion and
empathy while treating all stakeholders with dignity. The
individual should be a strong colleague who communicates with
warmth and transparency, honors confidentiality, and inspires
The Associate Athletic Director must possess the ability to perform
as part of a team and have strong interpersonal skills; have
excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability
to work with a wide range of audiences; needs strong organizational
skills and be detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask; meet
challenges with a sense of humor and a "can do it" attitude.
We are seeking a colleague and a leader who reacts well under
pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position, and follows through on commitments.
With the partnership and support of our Athletic Director,
Leadership Team, Faculty, Staff, Coaches, Parents, Students, and
community members, our Associate Athletic Director will have a
transformative impact on not only our Athletic Program but the
hearts and minds of our Mariners.
Keywords: Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward , Associate Athletics Director, Executive , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!