Assistant Transportation Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionJoin our leadership team and help drive the
continued growth of HD Supply, a Home Depot company! Reporting to a
DC Manager, you will lead, coach and develop 3 driver leads and
team of 15+ dedicated fleet Drivers. You will create strategies for
route efficiencies, on-time delivery and ensure the continued
safety performance. You will have an opportunity to lead warehouse
functions and associates as well! You will start your day at 8:00
am with flexibility to meet the business needs.Preferred
- Bachelor's degree not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates
in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Descartes or similar transportation software experience.
- DriveCam or similar in-cab video.
- Fleet management and asset management experience is a
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee
- Inbound and Outbound distribution operations experience is a
- Inventory experience is a plus.
- Does NOT require overnight travel. Other perks of joining HD
- Monday - Friday - no weekends!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus EligibilityJob SummaryDirect and coordinate the
dedicated delivery operations at the distribution center, including
direct supervision of the delivery drivers, route management, DOT
and Hazardous Material compliance, and fleet maintenance.Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Leads, directs and trains the delivery driver team.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, hazmat and DOT
- Manages routes to ensure the most cost efficient delivery
- Oversees and performs routine vehicle inspection and maintains
- Coaches and develops delivery drivers, including accompanying
drivers on routes for evaluation purposes.
- Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company
policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level
- Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
time.Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+
years of experience in a related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Keywords: HD Supply, Hayward , Assistant Transportation Manager, Executive , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!