Assistant Store Manager - Night Operations
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Assistant Store Managers in Training (ASMIT's) are learning the
various responsibilities and functions of the following roles:
Assistant Store Manager; Assistant Store Manager, Operations;
Assistant Store Manager, Night Operations and Assistant Store
Manager, Specialty. At a high level, ASMIT's will learn how to
support the Store Manager (SM) in developing strategies and
objectives toward driving store sales and profitability. They will
learn how to accomplish these objectives through effective
leadership of and communication to their Associates.
- General Customer Service Initiatives to include supervising
Associates in the selling effort, ensuring the store's in-stock
position, and maintaining an appealing and organized store
- appearance. ASM's in Training will learn the following tactics
to support this key accountability: staffing and scheduling,
identifying and resolving stock deficiencies, supervisor associates
in selling behaviors, resolving customer issues and concerns, and
supporting service needs for both installed sales/special orders
and product sales.
- Supervising Store Associates to include interviewing, hiring,
motivating, coaching, training, developing, and communicating to
associates. ASM's in Training will also learn the performance
management process, to include semi-annual review of associate
performance and how to execute the associate disciplinary process
- Operations Management to include supervision of front end
processes involving sales and return transactions, as well as
special services and lot support. ASM's in Training will also
- how to oversee the back end processes, including receiving and
freight teams to ensure that merchandise is received and stocked
appropriately. They will also learn how to maintain and
- operate all store equipment and systems as well as how to
manage daily financial operations. ASM's in Training should develop
a command of store standard operating procedures (SOP's),
- especially those involving Safety compliance.
- Business Analysis and Merchandise Planning Initiatives to
include driving department profitability through analysis of sales
trends. ASM's in Training will learn how to work with key partners
(Store Managers, Field Merchandising, MET Teams) to plan
merchandise placement and signing. They will also learn how to
support stock integrity through inventory management processes.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- ASM's in Training will report to a Store Manager. Once complete
with their training process, they will gradually assume
accountability supervision of work activities of associates.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
- Acts with Integrity: Role model for ethical behavior;
consistent and fair in dealings with others.
- Product Knowledge: Knows and effectively promotes all areas,
products, services, and procedures. Knows the competition
- Excels in Customer Service: Creates customer focused
environment; provides excellent service.
- Inspires Achievement: Initiates actions to develop Associates;
provides performance feedback and recognizes accomplishments
- Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is
a safety role model
- Delivers Results: Creates a sense of urgency; delegates
appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Hayward , Assistant Store Manager - Night Operations, Executive , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!