Customer Service Representative Salary To 25 Per Hour!
Company: Action Gypsum Supply West
Posted on: July 31, 2020
Customer Service Representative- Salary Up to $25.00 Per Hour!
Celebrating 17 Years in Business!
Location: Hayward, CA
Salary Range: $20.00 $25.00 per hour
Please Call Dale Simmons @ (877) 937-9714 or Apply On-line
About Our Organization: Action Gypsum Supply West, LP is a leading
distributor of building materials. Partnering with general
contractors and our customers, we help support families and our
communities by providing the building materials necessary for the
construction of homes, office buildings, amusement parks, shopping
Centers as well as public works jobs such as schools, hospitals and
airports, just to name a few. Action Gypsum Supply was founded in
2003 by Lenin Juarez and Terri King and in 2017 partnering with Al
Jordan, they built a strong coalition in the west to form what is
now known as Action Gypsum Supply West. Together, Al, Lenin and
Terri bring over 90 years of industry experience. With industry
knowledge, hard work, dedication and a vision for greatness, Al,
Lenin, and Terri built an exceptional company that now employs over
400 employees, has 17 branches, operating in four states (Texas,
Arizona, California, Colorado).
A unique opportunity awaits you at Action Gypsum Supply. We are
eager to attract the best so we offer a very competitive
compensation package & generous benefits.
Benefits of Working for Action Gypsum Supply:
- Excellent Pay - $20.00 to $25.00 an hour.
- Paid Weekly on Fridays!
- Superior Benefits - Full-time employees are eligible to
participate in our healthcare plans the first of the month
following a 60-day probationary period.
- Medical: California employees have the choice to participate in
three medical plans thru Anthem Blue Cross (HMO, PPO, HDHP).
Employees participating in our HDHP may also participate in a
Health Savings Account. The Company subsidizes 75% of employee cost
for coverage. No subsidy for family members.
- Dental: Employees are provided dental coverage through Lincoln
Financial Group. The Company subsidizes 100% of the cost of
coverage for the employee. No subsidy for family members.
- Vision: Employees are provided vision coverage through Lincoln
Financial Group. The Company provides No subsidy for employee or
- Basic Life & AD&D, LTD, - California employees are provided
Basic Life and AD&D and LTD coverage through Lincoln Financial
Group. These benefits are 100% paid by the Company.
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse, Child Life Eligible employees may
purchase extra life insurance for themselves, spouse and children
through Lincoln Financial Group. Voluntary Life coverage is 100%
- 401K -After 90 days of employment, eligible employees may
participate in our Company sponsored 401K plan. Our plan is
administered by Truist Bank. The Company match is as follows: 100%
of the first 3% of employee contributions; then 50% of the next 2%
of employee contributions. Employees are fully vested on day
The purpose of this position is to manage the order fulfillment
process including claims resolution. This position exists to
coordinate customer orders and build customer relationships to
generate business for Action Gypsum Supply. Developing strong
relationships within our customer base is critical as this position
is the primary customer contact for coordinating phased, and single
order processing, and is the internal focal point to support other
departments: Sales, Operations, Purchasing, Credit, and Logistics.
This position also functions to provide advice on order status, and
offer or coordinate technical support on product features, and
installation guidelines. This position partners closely with
Outside Sales Representatives for a team approach to manage the
territory and/or customer assigned. Often the primary contact with
the customer is ensuring proactive communication on all phases of
the orders entered. It is important that this position has a strong
understanding of the products offered to provide accurate
information and details to customers.
Education / Special Certifications:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- 2 year s customer service experience or equivalent industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word,
- Reading Comprehension - Ability to read and understand basic
- Communication Skills - Ability to effectively communicate with
co-workers and customers and understand basic
- Writing - Ability to write basic English.
- 2 year s customer service experience in construction-related or
building supply industry
- 2-5 years of building products experience - either commercial
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of building materials sold at Action Gypsum
- Receive orders from customers.
- Prep (prepare) and price orders for accurate data entry using
the company s sales and inventory management system.
- Input orders into the company s sales and inventory
- Assist customers over the phone or in-person regarding the
products we sell, services, lead times, product application,
installation guidelines, warranties, product samples, and available
distributors in the customer s area.
- Assist customers with status or updates on existing orders.
Effectively manage customer expectations, ensuring that service and
delivery exceeds expectations, providing timely and responsive
follow-through for customers.
- Performs follow-up activities on will calls, order
clarification, internal order delays and other tasks as assigned,
timely and consistently; documenting results, and follow-up
actions; effectively coordinate/communicate with various internal
departments to answer questions, provide clarification or make
changes to orders. Accurately maintain project files & records for
accurate record keeping and follow up. Manage job site deliveries
working with General Contractors, and transport.
- Ability to work well with others.
Resource Management Skills
- Time Management Must be able to effectively managing one's own
time and the time of others.
- Office personnel are required to maintain a professional
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- Customer Contact
- Extensive client contact, visibility, interaction, and
- Work assignments are typically deadline-driven
- Computer usage may be required up to 90 percent of the time and
include heavy periods of keyboarding, repetitive motion, and/or eye
- Safety equipment or protective gear is required as necessary
(e.g., safety vests, hard hats)
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and
responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job.
Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance
measurements are set at the department level.
Please Call Dale Simmons @ (877) 937-9714 or Apply On-line
Keywords: Action Gypsum Supply West, Hayward , Customer Service Representative Salary To 25 Per Hour!, Hospitality & Tourism , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!