Senior Systems Administrator
Company: Pulse Biosciences
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine
company committed to health innovation that has the potential to
improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX-- System will
be the first commercial product to harness the distinctive
advantages of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation--- (NPS---)
technology. The unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism
of action have the potential to significantly benefit patients
across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, our
first planned commercial application.We exist to make a positive
difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare
providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We
take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our
world-class company. Individuals who are creative,
forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative
attitude will excel in our culture. Position Summary:As a member of
the IT infrastructure team, the Senior Systems Administrator will
assist with the planning, maintenance, operation, implementation
and support of IT related products and services. The incumbent will
manage priority projects and support our growing corporate
infrastructure with day-to-day tasks and technical support. These
projects and support emphasize security products but also include
domain, server, network, cloud infrastructure support. This will
include a broad spectrum of technology including Windows
PCs/servers, LAN/WAN, Active Directory, network hardware, Email,
backups VoIP systems, printers, and other SaaS systems and more.
This is a dynamic role as it involves a mixture of skills for
desktop support, server administration and project execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to help desk requests and troubleshooting end-user
issues providing solutions via ticketing system, phone, and in
person. Identify root-cause of systemic problems and escalate to
the correct resource.
- Manage Microsoft Windows operating systems, network
infrastructure, firewall & switches, troubleshooting server-based
hardware, OS and software problems, and manage Active
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible
intrusions as well as ongoing efficacy assessment of security
policies and systems; review, recommend, and implement security
systems and tools.
- Investigate and troubleshoot infrastructure and systems with
all levels of complexity issues across all platform and application
domains in timely manner. Serve as a key stakeholder in all
infrastructure and systems related incident response, and
correction efforts. Coordinate and communicate with impacted
- Configure and administer backup, snapshots, data recovery,
cloud storage and disaster recovery infrastructure. Verify network
connectivity, document any issues or concerns as identified.
- Administer IT servers and technology tools including
troubleshooting, installations, configurations, upgrades, user
administration, and server/network security.
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot
server operating system, VMware, and firewall to achieve optimum
- Proactive in monitoring network performance with alerting
mechanisms to ensure uptime availability and reliable data
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and
integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support LAN/WAN and wireless
infrastructure to ensure reliable, secure, and efficient day-to-day
- Develop and document standards, policies, and procedures for
specific IT environments along with system specifications, system
design documentation, implementation processes, and operational
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all end-user trainings.
- May perform other duties as assigned. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology Degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years' experience in systems administration and helpdesk
- 4+ Years of experience with Palo Alto firewall.
- 4+ Years of experience with OKTA.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, Active Directory, Group
Policy, Office 365, OneDrive for Business, MS Teams, Azure, Windows
Server Administration, Veeam.
- Working experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting
virtual servers using VMWare.
- Knowledge of mobile devices and MDM systems.
- Knowledgeable in Cyber Security hygiene and practice of system
hardening and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals, such as TCP/IP,
subnetting, DNS, DHCP, WLAN and RADIUS. Skills, Abilities, and
- Ability to logically breakdown complex problems to identify
root causes and create sequential, actionable resolution
- Ability to thoroughly document lessons learned, trouble ticket
resolutions, and technical training materials.
- Ability to complete complex technical tasks under pressure in a
fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including
robust analytical skill with a focus on preventative actions.
- Working after hours and weekend will be needed from time to
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in
- Excellent oral written communication skills and critical
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction,
using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and
long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very
flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and
requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds. Pulse Biosciences currently
maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable
law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to
employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local
law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so. Our
corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn
more about us, visit our website at . At Pulse Biosciences, we are
committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse
workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation,
national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY Principals only; unsolicited
candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will
be considered free referrals.
Keywords: Pulse Biosciences, Hayward , Senior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!