Company: CPS Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Posted: 04/08/2021 Industry: Chemical Engineering Job Number:
BK4.8.1 Pay Rate: Up to $105,000 plus 10% yearly bonus
Our client is a leading provider of innovative bonding and
surface solutions for the building and construction, and engineered
materials markets. The company provides bonding solutions for a
number of applications, including wood-based panels, engineered
wood, non-wovens and paper impregnation. As a world leader in paper
overlay technology, they provide high value surfacing solutions for
decorative panels, building products and industrial specialty
This particular plant, in Hayward WI, is the flagship facility
for the company. It manufactures a primary product that is used on
the outer layer of hardboards used for the siding of homes (as well
as for other uses). Hayward WI is located in North West WI (about 1
hour from Duluth MN, 2 hrs from Eau Claire, WI and 2 1/2 hrs from
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this
ProcessEngineerwill develop, evaluate, and improve
the manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design,
materials, chemicals, and production equipment capabilities, works
closely with automation, engineering and safety functions to ensure
all aspects of change management are executed, and maintain all
quality control standards.
Process Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the systems necessary to ensure quality of raw
materials and finished products; provide primary support for all
chemistry/quality related manufacturing issues; act as liaison
between R&T (Research and Technology), Technical Service,
Marketing & Sales, and Production; provide guidance for department
(Lab) activity and ensure it is within budget.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency and output of the plant,
ensure the manufacturing process works at optimal levels, maximize
the rate and quality of all surface treaters in order to meet
- Provide technical advice on plant operations and
- Collaborates on the preparation of engineering analysis of
projects that includes preliminary design, detailed design, project
cost analysis, life cycle cost analysis and equipment
- Assume responsibility for risk assessment, including hazard and
operability (HAZOP) studies for the health and safety of both plant
staff and the community. Apply principles of mass, momentum and
heat transfer to process and equipment design, including
conceptual, scheme, and detail design. Ensure that all aspects of
the operation and process meet specified safety and environmental
- Manage the site QC Lab. Conduct routine and non-routine QC
testing. Maintain all lab supplies for the main QC lab and the
production QC labs. Responsible for the Quality Analysts who
reports to the Process Engineer.
- Leads Corrective and Preventative Action documentation and
response, including leading the site in the discipline of Root
Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Planning.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing
facility would be ideal. Will consider recent college graduates
based on school program and GPA.
- Knowledge of distributive process control systems such as
Emersons DeltaV system.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel throughout
- Knowledge of process simulation software.
- HAZOP Facilitation and PSM knowledge.
- On-call for Quality related production issues.
Login to save this search and get notified of similar
- EHS Manager- 93.20NM
Shell Lake, WI
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.
Keywords: CPS Inc, Hayward , Process Engineer, Other , hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!