Medical Service Technician
Company: Vitas Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Responsible for delivering, set-up, service and pick-up of
medical equipment and related supplies to and from patient's
residence and skilled facilities.
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or
caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to
Vitas HME Solutions policies and procedures to comply with
infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled
maintenance of equipment.
- Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient
assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT
- May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or
- Utilize transport devices provided by Vitas HME Solutions
- Maintain accurate Vitas HME Solutions records in accordance
with Vitas HME Solutions policies and procedures, i.e., patient
equipment delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports,
manifests, and patient needs.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by
- Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical
- May assists less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and
counseling on job duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to all VITAS and VITAS HME Policies
- Strong knowledge in all home medical equipment and ability to
train MST staff effectively in High Flow Therapy, Bi-PAP Therapy
and Enteral Pumps
- Computer literate for accurate tracking of equipment and daily
- Ability to provide initial general training to newly hired
Medical Service Technicians
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical
- Ability to read a map/GPS and follow directions
- Knowledge of VITAS HME Solutions service areas, preferred,
- Highly Organized
- Strong Administrative Skills
- PC Competent
- Able to work with hand-held scanning device.
- Ability to work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and
- Ability to physically access any home, nursing home, ALF, and
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency
- High school level reading and math skills.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
San Francisco Ordinance
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
- EOE/AA M/F/DV
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life
care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional
growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem
employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to
choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and
Keywords: Vitas Healthcare, Hayward , Medical Service Technician, Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!