Engineering Technician, Dermatology
Company: Pulse Biosciences
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine
company committed to health innovation that has the potential to
improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX System will be
the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages
of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation (NPS) technology. The
unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism of action have
the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple
medical applications, including dermatology, our first planned
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients,
physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse
Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and
brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are
creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an
innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The Engineering Technician (R&D Technician) for Dermatology
will be responsible for assembly and test of both durable and
disposable medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Engineering with assembling and evaluating conceptual
- Performs in-house testing of prototypes and concepts.
- Performs DVT and Validation testing of new products, including
bench tissue testing and animal lab testing.
- Performs in-house manufacturing operations, including product
assembly and test.
- Assist in new product transfer of manufacturing to contract
manufacturer including training of staff.
- Assist Clinical Operations in logistics of System movement from
site to site.
- Assist Engineering with prototype build and animal lab
- Aids in materials logistics such as receiving, stocking, and
kitting of work orders for in-house or outside manufacturing.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or
- 5+ years' experience in one or more disciplines of
manufacturing operations (e.g., R&D Technician, manufacturing,
assembly & test, manufacturing engineering, subcontract,
- Medical device experience required.
- Startup experience is a plus.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA regulations, ISO 9001, ISO 13485,
and other national and international regulations and
- Experience at both large companies and start-ups
- Controlled environment room (CER) experience preferred.
- Must be flexible, detail oriented, and extremely organized,
with a positive outlook, enthusiasm, and high energy; ability to
thrive in a rapidly growing, dynamic, drive-for-excellence
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral written communication skills and critical
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction,
using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and
long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very
flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and
requirements of a fast-growing company.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To
learn more about us, visit our website at
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful
work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race,
age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical
or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from
recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free
Keywords: Pulse Biosciences, Hayward , Engineering Technician, Dermatology, Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!