Water Distributor - Lead Operations Specialist (Cycle Counts, Inventory, Transfers) - Day Shift (M-F)
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Responsible for assisting with day-to-day
branch operations. Reponsible for support of operations, safety,
and audit compliance and overall branch performance. Coordinate
with other departments in overall handling of operations and
providing service to customers. May provide management support in
the absence of the Branch Operations Manager.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Assists in managing the safety performance, operations
practices, and financial productivity of the location. Assists with
monitoring financial indicators/metrics and profit and loss to
measure branch performance to goal.
- Provides support to the Inside/Outside Sales function to ensure
orders are fulfilled and customer inquiries are addressed.
- Resolves customer service issues; tracks open sales
- Procures and maintains inventory; monitors to ensure proper
- Helps in the management of dedicated delivery processes and
carrier services; assists Branch Operations Manager with ensuring
compliance with all Department of Transportation regulations.
- Manages resources to meet daily customer service delivery
- Assists in the training of new associates. Serves as a mentor
and leads other associates in operational functions.
- Maintains a high level of product and operational knowledge to
support branch function and compliance.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired
outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting
procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of
output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in related area of
- 3 years of experience in warehouse/distribution center
- Experience with sales techniques, such as consultative selling
and solution selling.
- Experience in business-to-business sales.
- Previous sales experience in similar industry or Core & Main
product line preferred.
- Associate degree preferred.
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Hayward , Water Distributor - Lead Operations Specialist (Cycle Counts, Inventory, Transfers) - Day Shift (M-F), Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!