If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Operations Management Trainee will support the shop
management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention,
and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee
to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management,
Sales, Quality, and Rental.
*Great Place to Learn, Gain Experience, Grow, and be
Annual Salary non-exempt paid weekly
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 1st shift
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives :
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with
integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management
solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and
maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few
companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
One Man, One Truck, and A Dream:
Why Should You Join The Ryder Family?
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by
providing quality customer interface, proactive customer
management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum
utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and
increased customer satisfaction
- Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy
and processes are followed to optimize running costs and
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset
Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and
vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for
efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Relocation within the business unit at the conclusion of the
training program is required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Able to prioritize work
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Strong mechanical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor's degree required Related field
- Five (5) years or more 2-5 years experienced in customer
service with issues resolution preferred
- Five (5) years or more Prior leadership experience
DOT Regulated: None
Job Category: Operations and Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.