CAPTAIN, CATERING (FULL-TIME) $500 Sign on bonus!
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Posted Date: Sep 9, 2021
- We offer a $500 sign-on bonus paid in installments.
- We are now hiring for a
full-time CAPTAIN, CATERING position.
- Location: CSU-East Bay -
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542 Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time;
Monday through Friday and some weekends.
- Requirement: Must
have 1 year of Catering/ Banquet Experience
- Sign-On/Retention Bonus!
- Full-Time: $75 upon successful completion of 30 days +$75 upon
successful completion of 60 days + $150 upon successful completion
of 90 days.
- *Internal Employee Referral
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: Coordinates catering staff
schedules to ensure all functions are delivered, served and cleared
in a timely fashion. Prepares and serves food at scheduled
functions under the supervision of the Catering Director. May drive
a truck to deliver food and beverages to catered functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines workload requirements from catering orders.
- Meets with function group leaders to discuss setup
arrangements; addresses last-minute changes and resolves
- Interacts with customers and resolves complaints in a
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items.
- Instructs staff on work expectations for catered
- Helps staff set up rooms to desired specifications.
- Assembles and delivers food and supplies to scheduled
- Serves food and beverages to guests.
- Returns food, beverages, serving equipment and utensils to
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of
serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
- Ensures proper food preparation by following approved recipes
and production standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license may be required. Must possess or able
to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers
permit where required by state law.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to
this job via text messaging? Text JOB to
75000 and search requisition ID number
557436. Additionally, you can get
in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you
unique with a Pre-recorded Video Interview! Click
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Hayward , CAPTAIN, CATERING (FULL-TIME) $500 Sign on bonus!, Other , HAYWARD, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!