Company: MDC Precision
Posted on: January 8, 2022
** This position is in Hayward**1st shift-2nd shift, and
graveyard available. Join us and grab the sign on Bonus $$$$$$$$$$
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high quality products
to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences and food
processing sectors. Our customers rely on us to provide the
precision components that are required for the operation at the
atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in
vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication,
ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing
partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the
- Must have minimum of 2 -years of TIG (GTAW) welding.
- Must have 1 -year of basic blueprint reading experience.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must have experience with welding machine setup.
- Must have experience with protractor tool. Function &
Responsibility The Welder is responsible for very precise TIG
Welding / Fabrication of custom chambers and/or components using
customer supplied drawings and/or blueprints while holding
tolerances of +/-.010 and/or .5% angular.
- Must be able to meet or exceed the requirement of the project
through manual fabrication such as port alignment, scribing,
cutting/coping, tacking, tuning and welding while maintaining
angular tolerance's of +/- - %, focal lengths and target points of
+/- .010; closely collaborate with machinists throughout the
manufacturing process for each phase of the project.
- Must be able to use Argon gas and TIG Welding procedures to
connect metal components
- Must be able to position and clamp metal components for
- Able to perform fusion weld, fillet welds and butt weld with
- Must know the proper weld settings for welding various
materials along with filler rod selection.
- Must be able to produce vacuum tight welds in hard-to-reach
areas of chambers.
- Ability and understanding of how to identify the proper order
of operations (identifying the main datum point / sequence of hole
- Must pay close attention to details on blueprints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to focus attention on details. Job Type: Full-time Pay:
$24.00 - $29.00 per hour Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance Schedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overtime Supplemental Pay:
- Signing bonus Application Question(s):
- How soon could you begin working with MDC? Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred) Experience:
- TIG Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred) Work Location: One location
- Perform welding and fabrication duties
- Maintain quality throughout the fabrication
- Conceptualize engineering and fabrication methods
- Maintain time and fabrication records
- Follow established weld fabrication procedures
- Assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component
- Perform machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding,
sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication
- Perform maintenance on fabrication and machining equipment
- Supervise subordinate fabrication and welding employees in all
- Used during the pre fabrication process
- Use prints and sketches to perform layout and welding
techniques for structural steel fabrication
- Perform assigned assembly/fabrication work in other
- Optimize and develop the fabrication/manufacturing process
- Assuring all material to be used in fabrication
- Aid in wafer testing and fabrication
- Fabricating steel form parts for various cutting equipment and
- Retrieve correct materials and perform various fabrication
- Organizing workflow to meet parts fabrication department
- Perform the required fabrication/ assembly work using published
- Perform skilled fabrication welding as required in the repair
of construction equipment
Keywords: MDC Precision, Hayward , TIG Welder/Fabricator, Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!