Company: Stanford Medicine
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Stanford University's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is
seeking a highly motivated, hardworking and professional
Biostatistician 2 to join their collaborative team. Our faculty is
committed to the highest level of basic and clinical research in
Obstetric and Gynecologic science. In particular, we are focused on
innovative translational medicine; bringing scientific results from
the bench to the bedside. The primary role of this position is to
provide statistical support and guidance to the Obstetrics &
Gynecology faculty and trainees, work with senior biostatistician
and the faculty to implement analysis plans and publish findings.
The successful candidate gets to work on wide variety of
collaborative projects advancing the science of women's health and
More information about the Department:
- Design study.
- Develop and implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Select appropriate statistical tools for addressing a given
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
- Consult with investigators on appropriate statistical
approaches to data analyses; assist in study design and proposal
- Mentor collaborators in areas of experimental design, quality
control, and statistical analysis.
- Develop oral and written dissemination of findings for
conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Oversee lower-level staff on issues related to quality control
and creation of analysis files.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Prior experience and interest in the field of perinatal and
reproductive health and health equity.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field and
at least 3 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Experience with multiple statistical programming languages such
as SAS and R.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to
both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in statistical methodology, such as
missing data and longitudinal data analysis.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and
use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push
pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or
business cycle needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5522
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: I
- Department URL: http://obgyn.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 91670 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Hayward , Biostatistician 2, Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!