Clinician: Full-Time & Part-Time Opportunities
Company: Side by Side
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Since our founding in 1895 in Marin County as an orphanage - and
through subsequent years as Sunny Hills Services - Side by Side has
been at the forefront of best practices in child welfare, working
with the most vulnerable youth in our community. Today, Side by
Side operates in four counties - Marin, Alameda, Sonoma, and Napa -
across the Bay Area, reaching nearly 2,000 children, young adults,
and family members per year with much-needed services related to
behavioral and mental health, early intervention in schools,
LGBTQIA+ support, transitional housing for foster youth, and
Clinicians provide clinical care and case management to transition
age youth served through Community Counseling, Real Alternatives
(RA), MH TAY and Our Space programs.
This position has a salary range of $67,700 to $94,200 depending on
years of clinical experience and bilingual language skills. This
position can also be part time at 20 hours/week with an hourly rate
of pay between $32.54 and $45.29 based on clinical experience and
Benefits outlined below are for employees working 30+ hours a week.
Benefits for part-time employees are calculated based on number of
- 3 weeks paid vacation for F/T employees increasing to 4 weeks
vacation after 2 years of service (for all non-school based
- 2 weeks sick leave for F/T employees with 2 additional sick
days for direct service staff and 4 additional for school
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 100% employer-paid Medical for F/T employees including platinum
level Kaiser Permanente insurance or Anthem options
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance up to $9,000 per month, plus
$50,000 Life and AD&D insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Professional development and other learning opportunities
including unlimited access to over 1,000 behavioral health courses
- FREE Employee Assistance Program including up to 10
complimentary personal counseling sessions per problem, per year
for staff and dependents
- Employee recognition program with $1,000 bonus awards
- Employee referral bonus of up to $1,000
The Clinician is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides
intensive community-based mental health services and collaborates
with the youth, housing, and other service providers in order to
assist in their transition to adulthood. The Clinician will serve
transition-age youth exiting foster care and juvenile justice
systems, at-risk LGBTQ youth and survivors of Commercial Sexual
Exploitation. The Clinician will carry a caseload that averages
15-25 youth. This exempt position may require work weeks in excess
of 40 hours as well as evening and weekend work. This position is a
hybrid position: the clinician works in the office and in the
community to meet in-person with clients approximately two days a
week, depending on circumstances.
Service Delivery and Client Outcome
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records and documents,
including progress notes, clinical assessments, treatment plans,
and discharge summaries, within assigned time frames, and perform
Medi-Cal administrative activities.
- Provide at least 1080 hours of service delivery per year
- Utilize a variety of therapeutic modalities to provide weekly
community-based individual therapy and clinical case management
services to a caseload of 13-16 youth.
- Effectively build therapeutic rapport with youth and partner
with youth in identifying and working on short and long-term mental
health and independent living skills goals.
- Utilize a strengths-based approach to complete clinical
assessments and CANS/ANSA-T needs assessments related to various
- Partner with youth in acquiring access to community settings
and resources including, but not limited to, health care,
employment, school, housing, benefits, etc.
- Monitor the progress of clients through weekly meetings in
which the CCM partners with the youth in identifying and working on
short and long term clinical goals.
- Use a strengths-based approach to partner with youth in
creating a Treatment Plan and developing and monitoring progress of
- Safeguard the dignity and protect the rights and individuality
of each youth in care so as to enhance their self-respect.
- On-call responsibilities as needed
- Transport youth in vehicle on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters in Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy from an
accredited university or college.
- Registered with the California Board of Behavioral
- At least two years of experience working with adolescents,
preferably current and/or former foster youth
- Fulfillment of TB clearance and any other mandatory
- California Department of Justice and FBI fingerprint
- A valid California driver's license, dependable personal
automobile for use on the job, insurable by SHS' insurance
- Please note that Covid-19 vaccination is mandated for all Side
by Side staff, except in cases of approved medical or religious
Keywords: Side by Side, Hayward , Clinician: Full-Time & Part-Time Opportunities, Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!