Kitchen Server/Aide (Weekends, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Company: LANDMARK VILLA SENIOR & ASSISTED LIVING
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Wait Staff is responsible for the implementation of dietary
services to residents, and to provide an atmosphere of warmth and a
pleasant reception in the dining room for residents to enjoy meals
and meet with family and friends.
*Minimum Eligibility Requirements*
- Reads menu and any other communications when first reporting on
duty and attends short meeting with shift leader and cook before
each meal to review any changes
- Checks with front desk for resident meal count; check production
sheets for assigned food preparation that shift is responsible for
(i.e. salads, desserts)
- Prepares coffee and sets up creamer, butter and water on dining
room tables approximately 30 minutes before serving time.
- Pre-buses dishes before serving main entr--e to the resident.
- Waits tables in assigned areas in an efficient and courteous
manner; maintains a smile and a cheerful attitude while on the
- Conforms to dress code, maintains uniforms and keeps them
- Orders four plates at a time from kitchen (equaling one
- Does not shout orders into the kitchen; waits in line and
responds when asked
- After a meal, clears butter and creamer from tables and returns
them to refrigerator; makes sure the sugar containers and salt and
pepper shakers are filled
- Wipes down tables and chairs with cleaner and sets the tables
- Responsibilities regarding alternates:
Calculates number of alternates at the end of the day and assures
the forms get to cook on time
Assist residents who are unable to write alternative forms
Prepares alternative salads and sandwiches
Limits work breaks to assigned times
- Limits work breaks to assigned times
- Offers assistance to cook, when assigned work is completed
- After the tables are set, carries out shift-assigned side work;'
cleans coffee machine and tea posts, vacuums dining room floor,
stocks napkins, refills juices, and wipes down areas in dining room
- Stays alert to residents who want - portions, special diets,
- Completes assigned duties within the allocated shift time; uses
side-work log for signing off completed daily duties
- Completes service to each station under 30 minutes without
sacrificing etiquette, style and efficiency.
- Aware of residents who are out ill and/or out of the building at
meal times; reports it to the front desk.
- Aware of guests attending activities involving food service and
helps out when needed
- Follows through with proper storage of leftovers; utilizes
leftovers wisely and avoids food waste.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential
Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass criminal background check
*Essential Job Functions*
* Is oriented to reality and able to control own emotions
* Can remember / recall information, instructions, safety
precautions, and daily routines
* Able to lift up to 30#'s from 5" to 27" on an occasional
* Able to lift items weighing up to 20#'s on a frequent basis
* Able to reach overhead to 72" and lift items weighing up to 7#'s
at this height
* Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat and crouch all on a
* Able to safety balance on ladders and step stools to reach items
* Able to kneel on an occasional basis
* Able to push and pull carts on tile surfaces (requires less than
20#'s horizontal force).
* Able to reach overhead and out away from body to accomplish
countertop work, work with appliances, etc.
* Able to perform level lifting and carrying of items over short
distances (less than 30 feet) weighing less than 10#'s on a
* Able to effectively communicate with others
* Visual acuity sufficient to read cookbooks, manuals, orders,
* Audio acuity sufficient to hear verbal communications, timers,
and emergency alarms.
* Able to distinguish temperatures by touch and proximity to permit
safe handling of hot items including foods, equipment, and
* Able to tolerate repetitive hand motions involved in preparing
food, such as chopping, slicing, etc
* Fine motor coordination required to safely use tools and sharp
instruments including knives, scissors, etc. Also able to operate
appliances including motorized mixers, etc.
* Gross motor coordination required to safety handle items such as
boxes, cans, pots, and pans, etc.
* Able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes from cleaning solvents,
gas from stoves, etc.
* Able to work irregular shifts on an occasional basis.
* Able to work with others constantly
* Able to sustain a fast work pace and met deadlines frequently
* Able to tolerate interruption and angry or abusive language from
residents on an occasional basis
* Requires use of personal protective equipment such as gloves,
goggles/face shields, etc. for cleaning tasks occasionally, and
worker must wear a plastic apron constantly.
. _General Accountabilities_
- Dispenses kindness to residents in large amounts; shows
professional courtesy, is polite and helpful at all times.
- Washes hands prior to working with food (and repeatedly
throughout the shift).
- Is adaptable and willing to jump into other job areas as needed
to assure meals are out on time (teamwork)
- Aware of stock, locations, and expiration dates on refrigerated
- Understands and practices Landmark Villa's policies and
procedures written in the Employee Handbook.
- Adheres to the Landmark Villa's Injury and Illness Prevention
Program and consistently performs job duties in accordance with the
community's safe work practices.
- Willing to help out in any emergency and provide a variety of
support services as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $17.00 per hour
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
ALL VISITORS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK AND SHOW PROOF OF
VACCINATION UPON ENTRY
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Hayward, CA 94541: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: LANDMARK VILLA SENIOR & ASSISTED LIVING, Hayward , Kitchen Server/Aide (Weekends, Friday, Saturday, Sunday), Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!