Company: Side by Side
Posted on: January 19, 2023
AGENCY OVERVIEW Since our founding in 1895 in Marin County as an
orphanage - and through subsequent years as Sunny Hills Services -
Side by Side has been at the forefront of best practices in child
welfare, working with the most vulnerable youth in our community.
Today, Side by Side operates in four counties - Marin, Alameda,
Sonoma, and Napa - across the Bay Area, reaching nearly 2,000
children, young adults, and family members per year with
much-needed services related to behavioral and mental health, early
intervention in schools, LGBTQIA+ support, transitional housing for
foster youth, and special education. PROGRAM OVERVIEW Clinicians
provide clinical care and case management to transition age youth
served through Community Counseling, Real Alternatives (RA), MH TAY
and Our Space programs. COMPENSATION This position has a salary
range of $67,700 to $94,200 depending on years of clinical
experience and bilingual language skills. BENEFITS INFORMATION
- Over 7 weeks off per year to start including:
- 3 weeks paid vacation for F/T employees increasing to 4 weeks
vacation after 2 years of service (for all non-school based
- 2 weeks sick leave for F/T employees with 2 additional sick
days for direct service staff and 4 additional for school
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 100% employer-paid Medical for F/T employees including platinum
level Kaiser Permanente insurance or Anthem options
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance up to $9,000 per month, plus
$50,000 Life and AD&D insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Professional development and other learning opportunities
including unlimited access to over 1,000 behavioral health courses
- FREE Employee Assistance Program including up to 10
complimentary personal counseling sessions per problem, per year
for staff and dependents
- Employee recognition program with $1,000 bonus awards
- Employee referral bonus of up to $1,000 POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Clinician is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides
intensive community-based mental health services and collaborates
with the youth, housing, and other service providers in order to
assist in their transition to adulthood. The Clinician will serve
transition-age youth exiting foster care and juvenile justice
systems, at-risk LGBTQ youth and survivors of Commercial Sexual
Exploitation. The Clinician will carry a caseload that averages
15-25 youth. This exempt position may require work weeks in excess
of 40 hours as well as evening and weekend work. This position is a
hybrid position: the clinician works in the office and in the
community to meet in-person with clients approximately two days a
week, depending on circumstances. Service Delivery and Client
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records and documents,
including progress notes, clinical assessments, treatment plans,
and discharge summaries, within assigned time frames, and perform
Medi-Cal administrative activities.
- Provide at least 1080 hours of service delivery per year Client
- Utilize a variety of therapeutic modalities to provide weekly
community-based individual therapy and clinical case management
services to a caseload of 13-16 youth.
- Effectively build therapeutic rapport with youth and partner
with youth in identifying and working on short and long-term mental
health and independent living skills goals.
- Utilize a strengths-based approach to complete clinical
assessments and CANS/ANSA-T needs assessments related to various
- Partner with youth in acquiring access to community settings
and resources including, but not limited to, health care,
employment, school, housing, benefits, etc.
- Monitor the progress of clients through weekly meetings in
which the CCM partners with the youth in identifying and working on
short and long term clinical goals.
- Use a strengths-based approach to partner with youth in
creating a Treatment Plan and developing and monitoring progress of
- Safeguard the dignity and protect the rights and individuality
of each youth in care so as to enhance their self- respect .
- On-call responsibilities as needed
- Transport youth in vehicle on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Enthusiastic and strengths-based approach to partnering with
youth and collaborating with peers.
- Knowledge and self-awareness regarding issues of race, class
and ethnicity and the ability to supervise an educationally and
ethnically diverse staff.
- Commitment to working in a diverse workplace, and
self-awareness regarding issues of race, ethnicity, class, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion/spirituality and
- Passion for working with a diverse group of Transition Age
Youth (TAY) including youth of color, LGBTQ youth, and youth with
- Ability to view families, both biological and chosen, as
resources and support systems for youth, and commitment to involve
families in services
- Commitment to self-reflection and personal awareness as a means
of being able to remain emotionally available and connected with
youth, and function as an engaged team-member
- Knowledge and specific experience with therapeutic modalities
suitable for youth and their families, including: harm reductions
theories, seeking safety and motivational interviewing.
- In depth knowledge and experience with trauma-informed
- Broad general knowledge of the child welfare system and youth
mental/behavioral health fields
- Commitment to effectiveness, prioritizing efficiency and
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
internet and email. QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters in Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy from an
accredited university or college.
- Registered with the California Board of Behavioral
- At least two years of experience working with adolescents,
preferably current and/or former foster youth
- Fulfillment of TB clearance and any other mandatory
- California Department of Justice and FBI fingerprint
- A valid California driver's license, dependable personal
automobile for use on the job, insurable by SHS' insurance
- Please note that Covid-19 vaccination is mandated for all Side
by Side staff, except in cases of approved medical or religious
accommodations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, walking, standing for extended periods of time
- Twisting and bending for brief periods of time.
- Occasional reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the
telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator.
- Regularly required to talk and hear in person or by
- Visual ability to read documents and computer monitor.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of
working in an office or client environments.
- Ability to drive to various sites. Note: The California
Department of Public Health (CDPH) has issued new requirements for
health care and congregant care facilities to decrease the risk of
COVID-19 outbreaks. Based on the CDPH public health mandate, all
candidates for positions at Side by Side must provide proof of
vaccination. Side by Side will consider applicants with ADA and
Title VII exemptions on a case-by-case basis. Side by Side provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Side by Side, Hayward , Clinician, Other , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!