Autism Technician-Entry Level
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Join OPYA and make a big impact!
We are continuing to hire during the COVID-19 constraints and are
committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. We have
updated our protocols and guidelines for in-home care. Updates
include staff self-screenings for symptoms and asking clients and
families basic health screening questions before each session. All
technicians will be provided with PPE such as gloves, masks,
sanitizer and disinfectant products. We continue to leverage and
monitor local health department information to ensure safe working
conditions for our employees.
We're changing the world for kids with Autism and their families!
Want to join us? If you're caring, entrepreneurial and value
teamwork, then do something amazing with us today.
Who Are We?
We are Opya! We're on a big mission to change the world for kids
with Autism and their families. We're doing this today by
connecting evidence-based trailblazing autism therapies with the
latest technologies. Our passionate team of amazing people is
dedicated to achieving therapeutic goals better and quicker while
improving the Autism care experience for our clients.
Our innovative customized technologies connect families with our
Autism care and team, streamlining our Autism therapies and
services for the families we serve. We care for our clients, their
families, our team and we are contributors to the Autism
What is a Behavior Technician?
Behavior Technicians work independently under the supervision of
our amazing team of Behavior Analysts, and Speech and Occupational
Therapists to help our clients with Autism. They work in homes,
schools, and our clinics to provide individualized therapies that
help kids learn to improve their social interactions and
communication, and to better their ability to take care of
Behavior Therapies can be something like showing a kid the steps
needed to tie their own shoe laces, or wash their hands. Or helping
them to communicate better with the people around them. The
ultimate goal is to increase behaviors that are helpful and
decrease behaviors that are harmful or affect learning. Our goal is
for our clients to reach their full potential through our
clinically excellent Autism care.
Of course, there's a lot of science that goes into our Autism care,
and we'll be supporting you every step of the way.
Here's How You'll Make a Big Impact!
- Providing clinically excellent care for individuals diagnosed
- Building and strengthening therapeutic relationships with
- Educating parents on behavior therapy principles
- Using our innovative technology to accurately collect ongoing
- Collaborating with clinical leadership teams to communicate
- Assuring the health and safety of clients
- Travelling to homes and schools
Want to Join Us? This Is What You Need
- Must be available to work during the weekday peak hours, (9:00
am - 6:00 pm)
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Your own reliable transportation & current insurance
- A valid US driver's license
- Experience using productivity tools like Google/G-Suite
- Willingness to travel to multiple worksites
- Timely, reliable, responsible and committed to long-term
- Bachelor's degree
- Recent experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum
- Recent experience providing education, coaching, and support to
families with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or related
learning and developmental disabilities a plus
- American Sign Language or bilingual ability
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive pay starting at $20.00-$25.00 per hour, depending
on relevant experience
- Opportunity to work on a dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Immediate pay raise after completing Opya's fully paid and
- Paid driving time & mileage reimbursement
- iPhone & iPad for work communication & clinical data
Regular part-time employees who work at least 20 hours per week and
regular full-time employees qualify for the following
- Company-sponsored Medical Insurance
- Free Dental & Vision Insurance
- Access to
- 401[K] employee plan
- Free Pet Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance discounts
- Student loan refinancing at preferential rates with bonus cash
- Gym discounts, travel & lifestyle discounts
- Free Headspace app for mindfulness, meditation and wellness
Free UrbanSitter subscription for your childcare needs
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Opya, Hayward , Autism Technician-Entry Level, Professions , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!