Maintenance Technician/Porter - Apartments - Hayward
Company: WSH Management
Posted on: March 17, 2023
- Salary: - -$25.00 - $30.00 per hour (DOE) -
- Discounted rent may be given (Must meet Affordable Housing
Guidelines for residency)
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid vacation and 15 paid holidays
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution.
- On-call for after-hours emergencies.We are looking for an
experienced Maintenance Technician [Porter] -at our -140-unit -new
-apartment community in -Hayward, near Mission Boulevard and
This property is currently under construction.The Maintenance
Technician [Porter] is responsible for the up daily upkeep of the
property to include running work orders electrical, plumbing, HVAC,
appliance repairs, and exterior maintenance. The ideal candidate
can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering
a high level of customer service.
80% dedicated to basic maintenance duties and 20% of duties will be
dedicated to cleaning.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical,
plumbing, appliances, carpentry, flooring, hardware accessories,
painting, etc. -
- Respond to service requests on a first in, first out, (except
in the case of an emergency) and in accordance with Fair Housing
guidelines. - Document to accurately describe work done, parts
used, disposition and time spent.
- Inspect property and equipment daily to determine need and
extent of service, equipment required, type and number of operation
and maintenance personnel needed.
- Cleans all common areas; rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges,
laundry centers, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and
other work areas..
- May perform other duties as
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year Apartment Maintenance or
- Possess proficiency of the English language, including the
ability to understand and communicate effectively with other
employees, customers and vendors who only speak English as
necessary to perform essential job duties.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven working experience in electrical, plumbing, HVAC,
appliance repairs etc. -
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Safety Data Sheets
- Candidate must have own transportation (Federal mileage rates
and guidelines apply)
- Candidate will be required to pass a background and drug
screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from
employment with WSH Management.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Based in Irvine, California, WSH Management (WSH) manages quality
apartments for both affordable and market rate households. -
Established over 20 years ago, WSH currently manages over 65
communities and has over 175 employees.At WSH Management, we strive
to enhance the quality of life for residents of apartment
communities we manage by providing a decent and desirable
residential environment. - We are currently looking for dynamic
people to join our team!WSH Management provides equal employment
opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be
made.WSH Management is a drug free workplace.WSH Management is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO#ZR
Keywords: WSH Management, Hayward , Maintenance Technician/Porter - Apartments - Hayward, Professions , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...