Production Quality Engineer
Company: PLASTIKON INDUSTRIES INC
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Provides and directs activities with development, application,
technical support and maintenance of quality standards for all
value-adding industrial processes, materials, or products. Requires
an independent thinker with respect to quality and quality systems
who has extensive analytical capabilities with respect to root
cause identification, correction, and prevention of
- Participates and contributes to the development of Process
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Quality Control Plans,
Inspection requirements, technologies and techniques, and
In-Process Inspection Reports during the design phase of new
- Serves as Sustaining Quality Engineer for Process Failure Mode
and Effects Analysis, Quality Control Plans, Inspection
requirements, technologies and techniques, and In-Process
Inspection Reports following formal production release of new
- Leads studies to analyze, establish, and improve labor
requirements and standards associated with Quality Control Plans
Inspection requirements, technologies and techniques.
- Maintains and pursues continual improvement of labor
requirements and standards based on continual improvement and
evolution following production release of new processes.
- Acquires information from customers and suppliers and
communicates it internally to ensure that customer specifications
and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Supports Purchasing Department to provide Supplier
qualification and development as needed. Leads technical review and
resolution of supplier quality issues on behalf of Plastikon to
ensure timely and effective resolution of supplier quality issues.
Provides qualitative and quantitative data to Purchasing department
in support of Supplier Score Card maintenance and reporting.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional Root Cause Analysis
and Corrective /Preventive Planning processes with internal
Plastikon departments such as Production, Tooling, Engineering and
others to ensure timely and effective resolution of internal and
Customer quality issues. Verifies effectiveness of Corrective and
Preventive action plans implemented.
- Identifies opportunities and leads Continuous Improvement
initiatives to continually refine and improve Plastikon's internal
process capability through use of quality tools such as,
Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Capability Studies, SPC, Poke
- Implements and manages internal Statistical Process Control
Program for Critical to Customer (CTC) and Critical to Process
(CTP) characteristics designated by Customers and Plastikon to
ensure high confidence intervals related to process capability and
- Monitors and reports on process performance to assist in the
identification and prevention of emerging trends that adversely
affect process capability.
- Writes, revises and verifies quality standards and procedures
for inspection and measurement methods as needed.
- Develops sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and
instruction for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and
- Supports various functions in implementation of
processes/systems to meet various requirements- TS 16949/ ISO 9001/
- Ensures identified controls are implemented within production
and quality functions.
- Facilitate corrective action and validate effectiveness of
- Participate as a member of task forces to implement projects
supporting production and training.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training
sessions on quality control activities.REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; Excel, Access,
Word, PowerPoint, Statistical Process Control software such as
Minitab or Stat Graphics, CAD, and Catia
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven
environment. Apply for Production Quality Engineer
- Name: *
- Position Applying For: *
- Salary Requirements: *
- Address * Street Address City State / Province / Region ZIP /
Postal Code Country
Keywords: PLASTIKON INDUSTRIES INC, Hayward , Production Quality Engineer, Professions , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...