CES - Non CDL Driver-2
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!Non-CDL Driver Company Description: Covanta
Environmental Solutions, a subsidiary of Covanta (NYSE: CVA),
offers comprehensive industrial material management services to
companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex
environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment,
recycling and Energy-from-Waste facilities, Covanta Environmental
Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their
sustainability goals.For more information, please visit .Covanta is
a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions.
Annually, Covanta's modern Energy-from-Waste (''EfW'') facilities
safely convert approximately 21 million tons of waste from
municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to
power one million homes and recycle over 500,000 tons of metal.
Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities,
Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management
services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most
complex environmental challenges. For career opportunities, visit
.Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Protected
Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's
experience or skills.Position Description:The Non-CDL Driver is
required to have a good motor vehicle record and must operate all
motor vehicles in accordance with OSHA and DOT requirements as well
as all local, state and federal laws. Part of the responsibilities
include operations at a medical waste processing facility.
Responsible for the safe operation and inspection of non-CDL box
truck to transport waste to and from client's site to Covanta
facilities. Must provide a high level of professionalism and
customer service in all interactions with clients, colleagues, and
business partners. Responsibilities:
- Drive non-CDL box truck to pick up and transport waste to a
designated location safely while meeting scheduled appointments and
following all DOT regulations.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Maintain paperwork, both written and electronic, including
expense reports, time sheets, vehicle inspection reports,
Manifests, and job sheets.
- Secure cargo prior to and during transit.
- Ensure placarding of vehicle meets DOT
- Must be 21 years or older, due to interstate travel in a
commercial vehicle and federal regulations.
- Experience in the operation of mechanical equipment and Non-CDL
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules,
technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and
other procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with supervisors
and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to take appropriate safe action on his/her own
initiative to prevent equipment damage or injury to personnel
during emergencies or unusual situations.
- Ability to load/off-load cargo.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Hazmat endorsement preferred.Benefits:CES offer our valued team
- Rewarding careers with competitive pay
- No cost Basic Life and Basic AD&D Insurance, as well as
supplemental employee life and AD&D and dependent life
- Industry leading retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive & Rewards Program
- Round-the-clock support through our Health Advocate
- Career development and mentorship
- Educational assistance to help you invest in your future
- And much moreCovanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO
is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at ). Level, Title
and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience
or skills.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you
are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or
apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You
can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Hayward , CES - Non CDL Driver-2, Professions , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!