Company: Veev Group
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Smart Home Electrical Engineer Opportunity Veev is looking
for an experienced Smart Home Electrical Engineer to join our team
and lead the development of Veev's next generation smart home
solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of
smart home automation electronics, schematics, layout design,
testing, and system architecture. The candidate will also be
passionate about the smart home space and have a desire to make a
difference in the way people live.What you'll do at Veev
- Architect and design low voltage electrical systems for smart
- Lead the research, development, test and qualification of smart
home hardware (Power supplies, Displays, LED lighting solutions,
sensors and control systems)
- Create schematics and layout designs for smart home control
- Work with software engineers to integrate and deploy electrical
systems with software.
- Work with manufacturing engineers to ensure that electrical
systems are manufacturable.
- Ability to develop hardware design concepts and architectures
for electronic systems.
- Must have a high emphasis on robust design practices utilizing
simulation tools, circuit analysis and documentation, component
de-rating, and laboratory evaluation testing.
- Identifying system risks and developing mitigation plans.
- Responsible for delivering technical project
- Must have experience completing design validation testing such
as Thermal/EMC/EMI, ESD, environmental and reliability
- Capable of effectively working with all engineering disciplines
in a team environment with good understanding of cross functional
design processes (high focus on product, architects, mechanical,
manufacturing and firmware).
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in smart home
technology.Requirements, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related
- 2-4 years of experience in smart home automation technology or
- Experience with embedded electronics system architecture and
integration with software.
- Proficient with schematics, layout design and validation
- Familiarity with PCB layout, fabrication, and assembly
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering, light control,
motor control, and sensor technology.
- Experience in switch mode power supply design and test
- Knowledge of controller design for DC brush, brushless and
stepper motors is a plus
- Experience with IoT design for home automation is a plus
- Familiarity with Matter Standard, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Bluetooth Low
Energy, and/or Wi-Fi radio hardware is a plus.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment such as hand
solder instruments, DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies, network
and spectrum analyzers and other equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies such as UL, FCC, and
BHMA is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with external vendors and OEM/ODM.
- Experience with Linux and Python a plus
- Passion for the smart home space.CompensationPursuant to state
and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role,
with the final offer amount dependent on skills, education,
experience, and location, is $110,000 - $118,000 annually for
Hayward, CA, and surrounding areas. This role is also eligible for
stock options and various benefits, including
medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time
off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan
- Insurance Benefits for you and your eligible dependents
(Health, Dental & Vision)
- Choose from four (4) different health plan options
- One medical plan 100% paid by the company for employee coverage
- Stock Options in a pre-IPO company!
- Paid flexible vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Cell Phone Stipend/Company Cell Phone
- Other Company Benefits
- Counseling Services - professional online counseling platform
at no costAbout Veev:Veev is a construction technology company that
redefines the home experience.Since day one, we have been driven by
the belief that an extraordinary life should be an achievable
reality, not an impossible dream or an endless project. To bring
this vision to life, we have reimagined the way the home experience
is designed, built, and serviced. Veev has a potent combination of
modular technology, design, manufacturing, and construction to
provide homes with higher quality, significantly lower cost, and 4
times faster than the traditional construction industry. Our home
experience defies industry paradigms and raises user expectations,
delivering an exceptional new standard of living.Bring your
experience to our growing company and take part in building the
next wave of exceptional living!Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
We all tightly align with our company values of Family,
Exceptionalism, Ownership, Innovation & Integrity. As we grow, we
are looking to add talented people who are mission-driven and bring
diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems. At Veev, we
deeply value diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer by
choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for
employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran
status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any
other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
Keywords: Veev Group, Hayward , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Hayward, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!